Search for
My Son has IBS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: My Son has IBS Reply with quote

Hi

I thought as a start on this forum I would share what my osteopath told me when I said to him that my son has been suffering from IBS for the last 20 years. He said that he suffers from it also and finds the following very helpful:

Aloe Vera Juice for IBS
Acidophilus Plus (Pro-Biotic) tablets (in a brown bottle)

He buys these from Holland and Barratt. Hope that is useful to someone.

Chris
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Rachel H

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: IBS, your son and osteopath Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

This is just the sort of information we believe other sufferers will find useful.
Over time, our IBS experts will help to tie particularly effective products, to the different types of symptoms experienced.

If you find out from your osteopth what symptoms he particlulary found these products to help, that would be worth knowing too.

We'l be posting some fact sheets soon, maybe some of these will be helpful to your son.

All the best

Rachel
Amanda Jane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Aloe Vera Juice Reply with quote

Exclamation You just need to be a bit careful with Aloe Vera .....if it is not a pure product it can actually make the symptoms of IBS worse. We reserached this quite carefully and the science behind it is quite complicated. Our customers try Aloeride which has been carefully manufactured to reduce the level of unhelpful ingredients, and certainly seems to work. It is helpful to reduce consitpation and the assoacited cramping.
Siobhan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I can't believe i am sitting here crying, what a big baby Crying or Very sad I have NEVER talked to anyone about my IBS it's not the done thing is it yet here i am writing about it to strangers and reading about things that i didn't know existed that might help me. I don't know if i'm happy or sad, i don't know what's up with me. I can't wait to go and buy these new things, will they really make it stop even if it is my mind making it happen due to worrying (I've had counceling this year due to a lot of sad things happening in my family, normally i cope with things quite well (although i may be inwardly worrying) we worked on the worrying thing a little but i just can't seem to stop, my Dad and brother are the same Rolling Eyes )
THANK YOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU XXX
Siobhan x
Siobhan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: My Son has IBS Reply with quote

Iwanttobefree wrote:
Hi

I thought as a start on this forum I would share what my osteopath told me when I said to him that my son has been suffering from IBS for the last 20 years. He said that he suffers from it also and finds the following very helpful:

Aloe Vera Juice for IBS
Acidophilus Plus (Pro-Biotic) tablets (in a brown bottle)

He buys these from Holland and Barratt. Hope that is useful to someone.

Chris

Hi Chris, fancy meeting you here!
Siobhan x
Rachel H

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Keeping in touch Reply with quote

Hi!
Just to let you know that we will soon be having a Web Chat, and hopefully you'll feel able to join in and talk about your IBS with others. We'll have some experts involved.
Keep talking!
Rachel

SLUGG wrote:
Hi all,
I can't believe i am sitting here crying, what a big baby Crying or Very sad I have NEVER talked to anyone about my IBS it's not the done thing is it yet here i am writing about it to strangers and reading about things that i didn't know existed that might help me. I don't know if i'm happy or sad, i don't know what's up with me. I can't wait to go and buy these new things, will they really make it stop even if it is my mind making it happen due to worrying (I've had counceling this year due to a lot of sad things happening in my family, normally i cope with things quite well (although i may be inwardly worrying) we worked on the worrying thing a little but i just can't seem to stop, my Dad and brother are the same Rolling Eyes )
THANK YOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU XXX
Siobhan x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
IBS forum

Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks