Search for
I'm always so bloated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah Smith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: I'm always so bloated Reply with quote

The biggest problem I have is the feeling of being bloated all the time. Nothing I do seems to help and I find it really uncomfortable. Does anyone have any tips on what they do?
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Rachel H

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Bloated Reply with quote

Hi Sarah,

Sorry nothing seems to help you.

take a look at the fact sheet just posted up, which gives guidance on meal plans suitable for those susceptible to being bloated. these meal plans have been devised by dietitian friends of mine.

Let us know if any of the tips on the fact sheets help you.

Cheers

Rachel
Rachel H

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Dr Mark Porter and 'Does fibre make IBS worse?' Reply with quote

Hi Sarah,

take a look at this Q/A by Dr Mark Porter. Hope it helps.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5728001.ece Does fibre make IBS worse?

Cheers,

Rachel
Amanda Jane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: I'm always so bloated Reply with quote

Sarah Smith wrote:
The biggest problem I have is the feeling of being bloated all the time. Nothing I do seems to help and I find it really uncomfortable. Does anyone have any tips on what they do?

Taking probiotics helped me.......not the yoghurt drinks, but a good carefully formulated preparation such as Probion (which has coating to protect the bacteria in the stomach...so that it gets to your bowel, where you need it).....or L299V (a specific type of bacteria that adheres to the gut wall so that it can work with the good bacteria in your stomach to reduce the effect of bloating etc).
Sarah Smith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Amanda and Rachel, that's really helpful, I will definately be trying some of those tips.

I have just been reading a really interesting article in Essentials magazine about keeping your IBS under control, which might help others too.
Rachel H

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Essentials article Reply with quote

Hi Sarah,

Nice to hear from you.
I'll get a copy of the magazine and take a look. I'll let you know what we all think.
Cheers Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
IBS forum

Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks