Search for
Dr Mark Porter and 'Does fibre make IBS worse?'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachel H

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Dr Mark Porter and 'Does fibre make IBS worse?' Reply with quote

Hi!

Don't know whether anyone spotted the Q&A in the Dr Mark Porter section in The Times yesterday:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5728001.ece Does fibre make IBS worse?
He suggests thathigh fibre is ok for some IBS sufferers but by no means all and advice needs to be tailored to suit the individual. This matches the advice provided in the IBS Facts Sheets recently put up.

We'll look out for more useful articles in the press, and provide other useful links too.

Rachel
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Debsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: High Fibre Diet Reply with quote

I would have to agree...I have been suffering with IBS for the last 10 years and if I eat any food which is high in fibre it makes all of my IBS symptoms worse...just one slice of wholemeal bread can debilitate me for a whole week. I have had to learn to eat little but often and keep a food diary.

Debbie Newman
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
IBS forum

Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks