Search for
IBS caused by Gastric Bypass??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jo1972

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: IBS caused by Gastric Bypass?? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of IBS starting after a gastric bypass ? . I have just had blood tests and am doing 'samples' for my doctor who thinks I have developed IBS . I alternate between being constipated and then having urgent loose motions . I also have an ache in my left side that rarely goes away . I cut out milk as I thought that was the initial problem and have swapped to soya but the symptoms have continued (hence the tests at the doctors) . As this all started two days post op can it go away as quickly ? , I'm now six months post op.
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
maryrose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: IBS after the band! No I don't think so! Reply with quote

Hi,
Mine is the opposite since I had my gall bladder out last year (after suffering with actute pancretitus )
It has defintately improved and I had a band fitted in February of this year !
So my feelings are the band doesn't make it worse or bring it on!
Or maybe I have been lucky
I think you have to eat sensible foods anyway, for your system to work!
Maryrose
Amanda Jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Operations are known to disrupt the digetsive system, let alone having the type of surgery you have had. You should talk to your Doctor, but you might want to investigate whether taking a combination of pre and probiotics (in tablet form) will help you, settle your system down. Please check that the Doctors says they will do no harm, but if they say this is Ok, then taking the tablet forms will not add to your calorie intact. Products like VSL#3 or Probion may work for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
IBS forum

Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks