Search for
IBS and Colonics
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snow white

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: IBS and Colonics Reply with quote

I have doctor diagnosed IBS for over 5years now. I eat sensibly dont eat much dairy. pasta or bread, I love salads n fish but I have severe constipation which is being treat with colofac. movicol. latulose. benefiber, i have been 5 to 6 weeks in severe pain. swollen painfull stomach. nausea. headache, I eventually end up in such pain that |I cannot cope without pain relief , I have recentley had a vey severe bout and decided to have a set of 3 colonics over 3 weeks to relieve my problem Privately paid but run by RGN nurse) the nurse was concerned over the stool colour which was very pale-beige. This happened everytime I went. I do feel so much more empty and relieved. but not totally pain free, I still suffer from nausea,
Just wondered if this treatment is beneficial long term as been advised against using laxatives but the episodes are more frequent by the week, I cannot figure out why my motions are pale with undigested food in.
Any help would be beneficial as going to docs but not til mid week,

Shazzy
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Rachel H

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

Hi Shazzy,

Just to let you know we are looking into your question, and I hope we shall have some expert feedback soon for you. If you have hany further feedback please let us know.
All the best
Rachel
Amanda Jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazzy

What did the Doctor say? Are you still having colonics....and is it still helping. Your symptoms seem very severe and I hope the Doctor actually gave you some useful support?
Shocked
snow white

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to docs with very little help from him as he said maybe yr diet has a lot to do with stool colour. I rarely eat meats or wheat based foods. This is because I get worse not because I dont wanna eat them. I asked the doc to refer me to consultant to have further checks. I have no idea if he has but since having the gastris band fitted on 14th July my symptoms have been less. I have 4ml in 10ml band and have restriction now so the portions I can eat are so much smaller than they were before. I have also found out I am 19+wks pregnant so my symptoms during pregnancy are less every time as the prosoglandins ( muscle/ligaments relaxants) yr body produces has a marked effect on my colon. I have found towards end of pregnancy they are at a peak so I usually have more regular bowel movements even if it is maybe once a week that's so much better then going 2/3/4weeks which I have.
I shall nag the doc to get consulktant appointment as I am fed up of IBS.
I am not having colonics whilst pregnant purely because I do not kknow if it is safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
IBS forum

Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks