Search for
Has anybody been banded when they have IBS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven~Tiny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Has anybody been banded when they have IBS Reply with quote

Hi there i was just wondering if any IBS sufferers have been or getting a gastric band. And if so where there any problems or improvements along with it.

Thanks
Steven.
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
snow white

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had banding done 2days ago 1st because my weight was creeping back up to previous levels and 2nd as I am hoping this will help me with me severe IBS as it's giving me a hell of a time. I shall let you know of any improvements as I go along.

Shazzy
snow white

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now 18days post-op and my symptoms of IBS are less, maybe it's the much smaller portions of food as I can't eat half as much as I use to. I am also pregnant so not sure if this is helping with problem. I would say though that I have had little bloating/abdominal pain so will see how I go.
Sherrie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm banded with IBS. I was regularly constipated before and am even more so now! I only go to the toilet if i take laxatives but it's worth it.
snow white

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since being banded I have also had quite bed constipation however lactulose daily often works kinda.I dont know though with being pregnant if it's hormones too so ride it out til jan when I should have given birth.
hambel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, not been over to this site before and only just found it. Anyway, yes I have had IBS since I was about 20 years old. It turned into divertickulosis but I had a band fitted about 2 1/2 years ago and its made not one scrap of difference to IBS and the only difference it makes to Diver is that its harder to be sick from under the band.

One thing I have found though is that for all of my life i have had to take laxatives and with only eating very small amounts, it now makes my stools very hard and the answer to t hat is MOVICOL yayyyyyy, its the most brilliant stuff going. It settled down IBS and diver so no more worries. Its not exactly a laxative but just softens everything so it relieves pressure on the bowl making everything a little more agreeable and cooperative when you need it to be.
I have to say though that if i forget to take it for a night, the next day my stomach is moaning about it and playing my up

Good luck
Hambel xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fat Happens Forum Index -> IBS Forum - experts here to help
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
IBS forum

Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks